Popular American cable TV channel AMC has launched the AMC VR app for Gear VR and Daydream featuring 360 video content, movie trailers, and more.
Now available on Gear VR and Daydream (and as flat apps on iOS and Android), the AMC VR app allows users to enter the worlds of original series such as The Walking Dead, Into the Badlands, and more.
Viewers can experience scenarios such as being trapped in a car and needing to survive the night from The Walking Dead, or getting Hong Kong-style martial arts training from the Into the Badlands fight camp. The ‘Screening Room’ in the app grants a look at recent AMC original series trailers and behind the scenes videos. Below is the list of the app’s initial content lineup:
The Walking Dead (Directed by Greg Nicotero)
- Attacked Pt. 1: Trapped – You’re trapped in an abandoned car. Can you last until help arrives?
- Attacked Pt. 2: Surrounded – The walkers are closing in now, and time is running out.
- Attacked Pt. 3: Devoured – Unfortunately, not everyone makes it out alive in this world.
- Attacked Pt. 4: Herd – You’re the walking dead. Join the herd.
Into the Badlands
- Virtual Reality Fight Camp – Immerse yourself in training camp as series stars Daniel Wu, Aramis Knight and Ally Ioannides watch themselves practice a choreographed fight.
- Tilda on the Wire – Daniel Wu (Sunny) teaches Ally Ioannides (Tilda) how to use a dead body to her advantage for a Season 2 scene of “Into the Badlands.”
- The Walking Dead Season 8 Trailer
- Wrapping Up Into the Badlands Season 2
- Segment from Ride With Norman Reedus
The Walking Dead’s 100th episode airs on Sunday October, 22nd at 9pm EST on AMC, and following this episode the AMC VR app will debut with a 360-degree bonus scene from the Season 8 premiere starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Seth Gilliam.
“With the launch of AMC VR, we are pleased to bring shows like The Walking Dead and Into the Badlands to life in an immersive and experiential way,” says Mac McKean, EVP of Innovation and Product Development for AMC and SundanceTV. “Viewers want to enter the worlds they watch on AMC, and this app brings them there.”
Let’s block ads! (Why?)